Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transfering Files Via Wireless Router

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vancreef

vancreef

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:08 AM

i know i'm gonna get some stick for asking this but i have searched for this and i'm struggling to understand just how to do it. in my front room i have a NTL cable modem. this connects to a belkin wireless router with a sort of ethernet lead. the router then "broadcasts" my broadband to my laptop, in the same room, and to my PC, in the room next to it, so it's not actually hard-wired to either of them. i wanted to know if i can create a shared folder on both PC and laptop, that i could just drag and drop files into on the laptop, and when i open the same folder on the PC, the file is there and vice-versa. up to now the only way i know is to email a file back to myself and then open the email on the other PC. you have to understand i'm no PC wiz.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:17 AM

Here is a tutorial. See if that helps you.

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharin...filesharing.htm

#3 picohat

picohat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:49 AM

More info:

Simple File Sharing in XP

Simple File Sharing in Vista

Hope helps..