Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help! Dnlsvc.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mahase

mahase

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:19 AM

Hi All,

I would be very thankful if anyone can help me. I can't access to Task Manager on my machine. It says that "Task Manager is disabled by your administrator". It is not a network computer, plus I have administrator privilegies. I run a scan for viruses and DNLSVC.exe found by MCafee. I tried to delete it from the registry manually but unfortunately it didn't allow me to do that, as it was used by another program. It looks like it is sitting somewhere as a Sturt Up item.

Please help me to delete it from the registry.

Thanks in advance,

mahase

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:32 AM

Have you tried running McAfee, in Safe Mode?
How to start Windows in Safe Mode
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:08 AM

In addition to running a McAfee scan in Safe Mode, you might want to take a look at the following couple of links:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555546/en-us
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm

Please note that these two pages give advice on modifying the contents of your registry. Before doing so you should always back it up first to prevent rendering your computer inoperable if errors are made.

Follow the advice below to backup your registry first (if you are running Windows XP):

How to back up the Windows registry

Edited by rookie147, 26 June 2007 - 08:17 AM.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users