Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OUTLOOK EXPRESS -getting DOUBLE/Duplicate Emails --help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OverRunMama

OverRunMama

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 22 January 2005 - 11:15 PM

I used to use Outlook in my Xp Pro computer, but I didn't like it much , had TOO many features, so started using Outlook Express, it works quicker & is easier -I have my Hotmail in there, but it gives me identical DOUBLE emails every single time. I used this same hotmail in Outlook -so deleted that account and still get these Double emails in Outlook Express. I have heard of others with this problem, before. What is causing this, how to fix? Please help - if ANYONE knows or has suggestions !!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OverRunMama

OverRunMama
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2005 - 11:39 PM

I just foung this info on the net by doign a search, and it worked... in case this helps anyone else out there. I disabled checking for new messages automaticaly.

If a POP3 mail account is configured to leave a copy of messages on the server (Tools, Accounts, [the account], Properties, Advanced), OE downloads the same messages during a send or receive session. Duplicate message will also be downloaded which can occur if the file Pop3uidl.dbx is corrupted. This file keeps track of which messages on the server have already been downloaded and should therefore be skipped on subsequent downloads, [Q216366] and [Q314578].

a. Deleting the file Pop3uidl.dbx and subsequently checking for mail creates a new rendition that should work properly.

Note: If duplicate messages are seen on a Hotmail or IMAP account, this solution will not work because those types of accounts do not use the file Pop3uidl.dbx

b. The anomaly happens in Hotmail or IMAP accounts if the default mail account and OE is configured to both open directly to the Inbox (which downloads headers automatically) and check for new messages when starting (which also downloads headers automatically).

c. To stop the duplicates, simply choose one option or the other, but not both. Remove the check mark for When starting, go directly to my 'Inbox' folder" or the check mark for Send and receive messages at startup [Tools, Options].

Note: If duplicates are already showing, click Tools, Synchronize Account or Synchronize All.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2005 - 12:32 AM

Nice post!!!!!!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users