Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Job Interview Tips

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:54 PM

Hi all.

I am going to a job interview for a better position at my present company who i have been with for 8 yrs.

I have been asked to treat it as if i am not employed there already and that i do not know the enterviewers!

Any tips?

How would you suggest i try to make them forget their previous conception of me?

What questions are usually asked cos its been a long time yer know?!

Any feedback or your experiences would be good

Cheers :thumbsup:

Demon Cleaner/Chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:33 PM

This is a pretty good overview of: How to Handle Your Job Interviews Successfully

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:06 PM

Great site for valuable info, Animal.

I may have missed it, but grooming is of vital importance, as well. Polish those shoes and if you have 'sweaty hands' by nature, remember to run your underarm deoderant over the palms before leaving for work that morning. (As awful as it is, I and some co-workers used to sit around the coffee table at breaks following interviews and gripe about little things like that).

Best of luck at your interview tomorrow, Demon Cleaner - and please let us know how it goes!
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:02 PM

Review your last three appraisals, single out several good action verbs used to describe your abilities so that you can stress these at the appropriate time. Make a mental list of things you have accomplished that are significant or "above the call of duty." IF you can find a job description of the position, make a list of your abilities and accomplishments that fit it. Lastly, emphasize your readiness to follow the career path this new job will give you the opportunity to do.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:15 PM

How would you suggest i try to make them forget their previous conception of me?

Don't shower for a week and don't comb your hair either.

#6 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:59 PM

My simple tips:

Don't wear any red...

Dress better than what is expected when you show up for work.

#7 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:28 AM

Don't shower for a week and don't comb your hair either.

:thumbsup:

One problem though........

I have no hair! :flowers: :trumpet:

Thanks for the link Animal, very usefull and thanks to Maram for the good luck wish!

Demon Cleaner

Edited by Demon Cleaner, 26 June 2007 - 12:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users