Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Howdie!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 doubletrouble

doubletrouble

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:09 PM

Hi

Stopping by to say hi, I'm a newbie here. Having some problems with both my computer and laptop. Let my 20, 21 & 23 year olds use the old computer. Found 356 spyware problems, 365 adware problems (ya, kind of weird the numbers were so close) and a trojan horse. Don't remember the name of the trojan horse and know I didn't remove it right. Still have some problems with chinese language showing up when doing certain tasks. Ex: when reading the time in the yahoo messenger im, it shows it in chinese.

Would love it if anyone knew how I can find out whats wrong. I really like digging through my computer and seeing if I can fix it myself, but know that I am in NO way an expert...thats why I came here. :thumbsup:

My laptop has a couple temp files I can't delete which is kind of concerning me.

I will go read the new user orientation center to see what I need to do first.

Toodles
Jaye

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:56 PM

Hi, doubletrouble.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Just post your problems in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum, and I'm sure, someone will be able to help you out.

Don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:08 PM

:thumbsup: to bleeping computer, doubletrouble.

Edited by oldf@rt, 25 June 2007 - 02:09 PM.

The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:11 PM

Welcome to BC!
You might want to stick to a darker colour for your posts, since the lighter colours sometimes are difficult to read.
When you post, you should tell us what applications you have used to get rid of the malware on your computer; this will avoid duplication of effort.
I am sure our Members can help you with your problems.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:37 AM

:flowers: to B.C.! :thumbsup:

Demon Cleaner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users