Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

P4 2.4ghz Ht Or Core 2 Duo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:06 AM

I have a motherboard capable of socket 478 and 479...i know that you can put a core 2 duo into it(via 479 i believe) but right now im runnning a 478 P4 HT 2.4ghz 800mhx FSB(thats the max on the board)... Motherboard can handle Anything thats socket 478-479 800mhz fsb and under. and 3.0ghz and under. anyone know of a core 2 duo to go into it, or should i just leave the p4 HT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:48 AM

If I remember correctly, the only intel chip that used the socket 479 is the Pentium M. You are thinking of Socket M and P, both of which are 478 Pins. The additional requirement is that your motherboard support the core 2 duo in the bios, or there is an available bios update to enable support. If you have the exact model of the mainboard we can find more information on processor support.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:53 AM

A Core 2 Duo is a socket 775 - and not all motherboards that have socket 775's can support a Core 2 Duo. Be careful to check for this if you're contemplating getting one.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users