Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is Stopzilla Good?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Woody

Woody

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:39 PM

Just wondering what you tyhink about this program... anyone use it? Is it worth buying it? Are there other free programs that do just as good a job or better?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:34 PM

Never tried it myself, however the reviews at cnet were not very happy: and based on the reviews that I read, I will not try it.

http://www.download.com/3000-8022_4-10603607.html

here is a list of free applications http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:51 AM

Please remember that BC has little control over what is advertised here, and you should not construe its placement as approval or recommendation by BC. Follow the advice of Oldf@rt and try the applications in the list he linked to. These items have been used by many Members, and work as advertised.
You are certainly, though, to be commended for researching any application before downloading it and installing it on your computer, since so many can contain ad-ware, or simply not do the job.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Woody

Woody
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:27 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I shouldn't go for StopZilla then.

I looked through the collection of freewayre that is linked to above. Holy crap! Is there even a need to use software that requires a purchase? Would I gain anything by buying a version of a product? If the answer is yes, which specific products are worth buying?

Thanks. I want to do this right with my next build, as well as with my current build.

Jason

#5 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:30 PM

Actually, no. However, I do make donations to the company to help them, or instead of continuing to use avast home, I purchased a copy of avast professional and a copy of superantispyware pro.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users