Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Uninstall Musicmatch Juke Box

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 larzburns

larzburns

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:24 PM

My musicmatch juke box won't run and I am unable uninstall. I get message that setup.exe has encounterd a problem and needs to close. I have windows xp. Any help would be appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:16 AM

Try uninstalling it in safe mode.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 xcr0okedx

xcr0okedx

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:53 PM

yeah ...

i have the same issue ... i can not uninstall mmjb so its just sitting there taking up valuable space

Posted Image

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:17 AM

The easiest fix is to reinstall it, then use the uninstaller to remove it. If that doesn't work, you can either track the changes that it makes when installing with a program like Total Uninstall (search for the last freeware version) and remove it that way - or you can hunt through your hard drive and registry (with appropriate backups "just in case") to remove it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:13 PM

I got my MMJB off mostly by what usasma said, but with one difference. I didn't do anything in the registry. I'm happy as a clam as long as the registry still works. Just uninstalled it from the hard drive. It's under: C:\ProgramFiles\MUSICMATCH . Just totally delete it.

Oh forgot to mention if it says 'something.dll cannot be deleted' or something like that, just hunt down that file in MUSICMATCH, rename and delete it. (it won't let you delete it if the name stays the same.)

Edited by Ryan 3000, 01 July 2007 - 09:15 PM.

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users