Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shift-key Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sayonara

Sayonara

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:18 PM

Hi, im not sure if this is the right section to post in but i hope that some1 will be able to help me out with my problem.

My shift key is not really working properly... when i hold down my right shift key and press x nothing would appear and it would make these beeping sounds. But when i let go of the shift key but still hold down the x button then the x button get capitalized. I tried holding down the left shift key with the x button but it worked perfectly fine, x would appear capitalize and there would be no beeping sound. I'm pretty sure the x button doesn't have a problem. But i tried holding down the right shift key while holding a and it was perfectly fine. Then i tried holding down the left shift key with q and it would have the same problem like when i was holding down the x button with the right shift key. I tried searching up ways to fix this problem but i couldn't really find any. I tried shutting down my computer and unplugging and plugging bak the keyboard but it didn't work. I tried cleaning the shift button but that didn't work either.

I'm not sure the reason for this, but i think it might have sumthing to do with me cleaning the keyboard maybe, but im not sure. Before this happned, i cleaned my keyboard by taking out the keys to clean the inside and putting it bak on. But i left the computer on while cleaning it so im not sure if this might have affected it.

If someone knows how to fix this or thinks they know how, plz let me know. thx (I noe the post is pretty long >.<)

-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:28 AM

Unless you have some compelling reason to keep that keyboard (ie it's an expensive one) I would simply replace it. A simple and easy fix when you consider that a standard keyboard costs only a few pounds.

#3 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:32 AM

Do you have another keyboard to test? That would be a good start to diagnose it. What did you use to clean the keyboard?

#4 Sayonara

Sayonara
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:27 PM

I used tissue to clean the keyboard and i think i do have another keyboard but im not relli sure where it is. thx for trying to help tho XD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users