Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are There Any Experts Out There On Website Creation?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 monkpart9

monkpart9

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:54 PM

Ok, so i want to start my own website but theres obviously a bunch of stuff I have to know before hand.

Some of the stuff I already know that i gotta know about is cost, bandwidth,domain name,and how much time it will take as well as publishing.

I'm wondering If anyone out there can give me a complete guide on making a website from scratch.

Maybe even make it so it can become profitable in the future, maybe with advertisers and merchanise sales.

So if anyone out there feels like helping a nooby out it would be much appreciated.
If you do things right, then people won't know if you've done anything at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:18 PM

Since you already know something regarding domain, bw, space and stuff. I shall not talk more about it.

If you want to build a complete new website on your own, you will need some tools and knowledge to help you.

Depending on what type of website are you making, I'll just make an example on making a website with only HTML (maybe CSS & Javascript too).

Tools needed: Click here, scroll down to post #3 under HTML & CSS Editors.

Knowledge: HTML Tutorial, Javascript, CSS.

Get one of the tool listed there, try out each one and see which one are you comfortable with. Read up the tutorial on HTML/CSS/Javascript.

After which you should be able to build a pretty nice and simple looking site. You can also make your own graphic designs etc.

However, with all the above, you are only able to make static site which means the website looks the same all the time. If you want dynamic website, then you have to learn server-side language such as PHP/mySQL.

Hope this information helps!

Cheers,
Nikas

#3 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:22 PM

Here's one guide to make a website - How to. Might be useful..

#4 monkpart9

monkpart9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:58 AM

Thanks! :thumbsup:

#5 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:28 PM

You're Welcome.

Let us know if you are facing any problem as you move along.

Nikas

#6 monkpart9

monkpart9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:37 AM

If i got any of this down since ive been reading or reviewing the sutff you gave me. I think i would enjoy using HTML. What im wondering is if im going to have to learn CSS HTML and Javascript if i want to make my own website,

#7 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:11 AM

Actually, HTML will do just nice. CSS and Javascript is just a addons to your site.

#8 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:00 AM

I just made myself a website with Pagebreeze. (http://www.pagebreeze.com)
It's a HTML Editor program, really easy to use. I has a WYSIWYG page and also a code page.
It was fun to do something on the normal page then check out the code and see just how it works. I even managed to tweak the code a little and the only HTML i knew before I started was links, bold, italic etc.
Worth checking it out to play around even and it's free.
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

#9 monkpart9

monkpart9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:03 PM

It's funny that you should reply to my topic wild child, your actaully the reason i started it. I downloaded pagebreeze after i saw your topic and started this thread because i wanted to learn more. just a little bit of info :thumbsup:

BTW pagebreeze is awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users