Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Install Printer Software

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HJT Noob

HJT Noob

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:53 PM

I have an epson CX5800f printer. Recently, it stopped responding to printing commands. The printer spooler frequently shut itself off. Since then, I have uninstalled my drivers for the printer. However, now when I try installing any drivers, I get messages saying installation has failed.

I have checked to see if the printer itself is unable to print, and I have found that it still can. Maybe parts of the old driver are still in my computer?

Thanks for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NEsince92

NEsince92

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:01 PM

Right click on "my computer" and click on "properties"
click on the "hardware" tab, then click on "device manager"

locate the printer, then rightclick on it and choose "uninstall".

Once the printer itself is gone, then go and uninstall the drivers

to do this:
Click start > settings > printers and faxes > file > server properties > drivers

locate the drivers you wish to uninstall (all of them if you don't have any other printers or programs that use print drivers) and click "remove".

Then reboot your computer and start from scratch.

HTH

#3 HJT Noob

HJT Noob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:12 PM

I did as you said, and I deleted all of my printer drivers. After I rebooted and went to add printer and clicked on have disk for software and selected the right printer driver from the disk that came with the printer, I get a message saying: "Printer driver was no installed. Operation could not be completed."

I have downloaded newer drivers from epson but each failed at the end of the installation. What now?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:55 PM

Is this a USB printer? Is it still attached to the computer when you're installing drivers? If it is , disconnect it and try to run the installation disc again, then hook the printer up when it tells you to
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 HJT Noob

HJT Noob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:10 PM

I disconnected the USB cable, rebooted my computer, and started the installation cd. Halfway through installing the drivers, a window pops up and says: "There is not enough free space to install this software. Increase the amount of free space on the target disk." I have 18 free gbs of space left on my computer.

I then hit ok and another popup comes up and says "An error occured during setup. Restart your computer, then run setup again."

Thanks for trying to help. Any further suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users