Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Ship

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Glunn11

Glunn11

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:41 PM

Hey everyone! I recently purchased The Ship at Target, and found it to be one of the best games I have ever played. It is classified as a "first-person action" shooter, which I am usually not a fan of, but this one comes with a twist. You can't just shoot everything in sight. You are on a ship, and the host (Mr. X.) tells each person on board that they must kill another passenger. So, you must kill a person (called "quarry"), but at the same time you are being hunted by your "hunter".

It's pretty intense and makes for some fun online play.
Anyway, anyone played?
-Glunn11

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:30 PM

Just to clarify further for anybody who doesn't know about The Ship, the game is a Source Engine game and you can also get it through Steam.

I've missed the free weekends for the game, I want to try it out first before I take the plunge.

#3 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:14 PM

I played both free weekends and it was pretty fun, I found having to manage your characters hunger,thirst,sleep,and bath, and "potty" level challanging while trying to kill your quarry, then again it made for some great kills in the bedroom and restrooms.
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

#4 Glunn11

Glunn11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:39 PM

Haha! Yeah I love killing my quarry in the showers after they killed their quarry in the showers.
They don't suspect a thing ;).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users