Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Radeon 9250 Video Card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jlhirs

jlhirs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 22 January 2005 - 03:33 PM

:thumbsup: I am trying to install a Radeon 9250 PCI on to my dell. I put it in the PCI slot and it is recongized. However, when XP begins the screen is 4 times normal size. I have tried to resize but no luck. Furthermore, I have an online driver with this computer. Thus, when the new card is in but the monitor is hooked up to the original slot the display is black. When I take the new video card out then everything is alright. I am curious as to how to get the new video card to work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldsoldier

oldsoldier

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 22 January 2005 - 04:44 PM

The enquiry about a Radeon problem rings a bell. I have a three month old computer. It was misbehaving - cannot remember exactly what was happening - but I was invited to send an error report to Microsoft. I did, and had a reply. I was told that there was a device driver problem in my computer, and it was suggested that I check the Microsoft Windows Update Web site to see if there was an update. My computer would be scanned and if a suitable driver was available I would be able to download it. I followed the advice and was told that my computer needed a Radeon 9200Se ATI Video Driver update. Whether the 9200SE was the old driver already in the computer, or the new update to go into it, I cannot say. I'm a computer dummy. But I downloaded as advised and hey presto, since then my computer has behaved itself. I also got a new red ATI Catalyst icon on the desktop. My point is this - the old driver was a 'new' driver - only three months old and it was purchased a week before the computer was built for me; but it needed to be updated. Perhaps the Radeon 9250 PCI also needs to be updated. Is this a common problem with Radeon products? I have thrown in my pennorth because Bleeping Computer people kindly helped me solve a problem. Maybe this tale will help JLHRS
Yours sincerely: oldsoldier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users