Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trek Thumbdrive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 my_footprints

my_footprints

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:42 AM

Hi, all. I need help.

I have a trek thumb drive that allows the user to create a public and private drive. So I set up my password, create a drive space of 900mb as private and balance of 83mb as public.

Now the thumb drive shows only i have a 83mb which is the public drive. the private drive of 900mb has gone missing. So is the login page that allow me to access the private drive.

Oh yeah, when I first use the drive, it ask me to reformat. So, is this the reason for the 900mb to gone missing? Any solution for me, please?

Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:46 AM

The icon you click on to get access to your private area should be located in the public area. If it's located in your private area it will effectively become invisible along with all the other files in your private area. And, yes, whenever your private area is invisible (ie not logged in), Windows will only report the space in the public area since it doesn't know the private area exists -- that's normal behaviour.

The manufacturer of your trek thumb drive should have a website from where you can download the log-in/log-out utility that is currently not available. Download it and put it in the public zone of your pen drive, then try logging-in to the private zone with it.

Dowloads for the Trek thumb drives are here: http://www.thumbdrive.com/s-downloads.php?...dthstyle=w-wide

Scroll down to "Login Software" and click on the appropriate security login utility for your model.

Edited by pip22, 25 June 2007 - 09:50 AM.

#3 my_footprints

my_footprints
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:37 AM

Thank you, Pip 22. I will try it. Any problem come to you for help again yeah. .. . thanks a million!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users