Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Open Windows Update Or Any Other Vista Program

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 i have no name

i have no name

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:33 PM

Whenever i start up my computer my sidebar always comes on, but now nothing shows up, i cannot open the welcome center, i cannot open windows updates but all my other programs work fine. when i try to open them a window shows up then closes quickly, am i Missing a file or somthing?
My system specs
Small chip that goes fast some spinning things a case, a mouse, and a keyboard and a wonderful rectanlge box of colors.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:01 AM

Can you read the window that shows up? Maybe even the title of the Window?

Try a couple of these free, online scans to see if they'll help out:
http://safety.live.com
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

Let us know the results and we can move on from there.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 i have no name

i have no name
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:58 AM

I could not run the first program, it just wouldn't run but the second program said it didnt find anything.
My system specs
Small chip that goes fast some spinning things a case, a mouse, and a keyboard and a wonderful rectanlge box of colors.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:07 PM

Why couldn't you run the first program? What error messages did you get?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 i have no name

i have no name
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:08 PM

it said my browser (firefox) could not open it so i went to internet explorer it starts then just says after i click install
We were unable to install the scanner i have tried all of the trouble shooting could not get it to install
i tried using both versions of internet explorer (64-bit) and none worked

Please follow the instructions for each troubleshooting step below and then click Retry Installation to try to install the scanner again.
Scanner installation complete

Please click Launch Scanner to start the scanner.

Install Now
Retry InstallationPlease Wait...Launch Scanner

Troubleshooting steps

Internet Explorer may have temporarily blocked the installation of the ActiveX control for the scanner

To fix:
Check to see if a yellow bar appears at the top of your Web browser window.

If so, click the yellow bar and select Install ActiveX Control...

Make sure you choose to install the ActiveX control for the scanner

To fix:
When you choose to install the scanner, a dialog box will appear and ask if you want to install this ActiveX control. Be sure to click Install. Once installation is complete, the scanner will start in a new window.

Make sure you're logged on to your PC as an Administrator

Learn how to fix

Make sure you have at least 20 MB of free space available on your hard disk
My system specs

#6 i have no name

i have no name
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:16 PM

ok i tried to do a system restore but it still doesnt work I cant get updates from microsoft because updater will not run so is there anything else, please dont say reinstall windows i just installed it 1 month ago.
My system specs

#7 Rod_Killed_The_Music

Rod_Killed_The_Music

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:42 PM

ok i tried to do a system restore but it still doesnt work I cant get updates from microsoft because updater will not run so is there anything else, please dont say reinstall windows i just installed it 1 month ago.

i have this same problem..and i tryied everything i could remember of..and it didnt work..did you found any solution?

help is needed..thnks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users