Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adaware 7 Vs Adaware Se

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 intothis1

intothis1

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 01:39 PM

Hi,

I wonder if someone could tell me which one to download. They're both free. I see recommendations for SE everywhere, is there a difference?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ItWouldRuin

ItWouldRuin

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:44 PM

Download both. :thumbsup:

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:42 PM

Have you read the threads on this Topic Here and Here?

IMO, download the new edition as it has a few new options and is created to detect the the latest malware out there.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:39 PM

I would install Ad-Aware7 (unless you are REALLY low on disk space), since at some time presumably support for SE will be ended. The detection algorithms in the later release are also superior.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 flycatcher

flycatcher

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

Don't do like I did and download Ad-Aware 2007 if your going to run it on Vista. The Vista version won't be ready for until later this fall. Now I have to download Ad-Aware SE Personal again for my Vista machine. It pays to read all the system requirements before pressing the download button.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users