Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player Crashes On Video

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jen526

Jen526

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:20 AM

I've been having trouble with Windows Media Player for a while now. This problem started when I was using WMP10, though I now have 11 and am still having the same issue.

The only symptom I have is that when I open most video files, WMP simply crashes with a generic "WMP has encountered an error and needs to close" message. There are some files that work, but probably 75% of them do not.

It's most frustrating when I try to watch a news story or other video embedded in a web page. If the site is using a WMP control for the video, it crashes the site pretty much 100% of the time. (Internet Explorer 6)

This is really driving me crazy, but the only thing I can think of to try to fix it is to totally uninstall the program and start from scratch... and that doesn't seem to be possible with WMP.

Any suggestions on how one might go about trying to get back to a clean, working install on something like this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users