Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Instaler Package

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SOl_SUN_FTM

SOl_SUN_FTM

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:54 AM

I have been trying to install windows defender. I can download the programme no problem I save it onto my desk top Then when I click on it I get a message saying that access is denied. I have tried downloading with Firefox and as the program I was down loading was from Microsoft I tried with IE7.
I have tried saving to my desktop and to a flash drive What ever I do I get the same responce "access is denied"

I seem to remember I had the same problem with Another programme that used Windows instaler package. I also cant not install windows critical updates They download but will not install

I have run all my security software and done an on line scan, nothing found

I have tried running the installion from source

I jave SP2 installed

Edited by jgweed, 23 June 2007 - 08:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 04:21 PM

Is this a legal Windows program? Are you using an Administrator's account?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 SOl_SUN_FTM

SOl_SUN_FTM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:55 AM

Yes Windows XP with sp2 is a legal version which is confirmed by Windows Genuine Advantage before being allowed to download Defender

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:58 AM

Were you logged on as an Administrator when you tried to install it?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 SOl_SUN_FTM

SOl_SUN_FTM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:20 AM

Sorry
Yes I am logged on as Administrator. In fact there is only one account on the computer.

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:31 AM

See this link for some suggestions.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users