Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spycrush

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chasrob

chasrob

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:38 AM

when selecting Internet Exployer I get flaged up w32 Myzor,FK@yf is a virus etc.,download security software and also on the bottom bar system alert a number of active spyware applications have been detected etc., click on icon to get rid of applications when clicking on or trying to get rid of message in IE it goes to a page Spycrush.com/?aff=34 it looks like my computer has been infected with this how can I get rid of this please ch

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:40 AM

hi chasrob
i would suggest you start here
hope this helps :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#3 chasrob

chasrob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2007 - 07:12 AM

Iforgot to mention on my previous message also site comes up mamed *~URL Removed com~* with a muber of programs to download to protect my computer I bet they dont protect me from them chasrob

Edited by rigel, 23 June 2007 - 08:02 AM.
URL removed to prevent infection by clicking link - rigel

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2007 - 07:16 AM

Please edit/ remove the bad link from your post.

How to remove Spycrush:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80749/how-to-remove-spycrush-removal-instructions/

Edited by buddy215, 23 June 2007 - 07:18 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 chasrob

chasrob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:01 AM

I Part followed instuctions and downloaded SmithfraudFix.exe but made a mess of the rest and went into safe mode after program started but for some strange chance it worked :thumbsup: thanks again

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:47 AM

Suggest you follow up with the instructions below after removing Spycrush.

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/
Turn off system restore. This will remove all restore points since some are infected . Turn system restore back on.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-xp-system-restore-guide/

Remove temporary files, logs, cookies, etc. by using Ccleaner. Do not use "Advanced Settings" or the "Issues" button. Use only the default settings. http://www.ccleaner.com/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users