Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista And Turbocache

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HungryMuffin

HungryMuffin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:43 AM

When I bought my computer it came with an nvidia geforce go 7300 with 512MB graphics memory via turbocache. After upgrading to vista and getting an extra 1GB of system memory it only registers as the 128MB for graphics. I was wondering (hoping really) that there was a way to manually get it back up to 512 or even 256MB while using vista? I checked the bios and there wasn't anything unless there's a bios update somewhere.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:31 AM

This may be a "reporting" issue and Vista simply isn't registering the correct RAM usage.

Are you running the Vista drivers for your video card and systemboard (if required)?

Edit to add:

you may need to download these drivers from your PC's manufacturer, not NVidia.

Edited by JohnWho, 23 June 2007 - 08:32 AM.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:00 PM

Changes in the WDDM will show different results for your video card than you were used to in XP. You can use the Display tab in DXDIAG (from the Run dialog) to show the total memory available.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users