Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstall Iambigbrother Software

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joyjg

joyjg

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:25 PM

I bought a copy of Iambigbrother and found that it degraded my system speed. I used the unistall per the directions but cannot seem to get this software off my machine. Anyone have any suggestions? I have sent problem tickets to there support with no reply as yet. Thanks in advance. joyjg :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NEsince92

NEsince92

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:44 PM

What have you tried so far?

#3 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:57 PM

First,let us clarify if the software is legitimate or not: http://www.symantec.com/security_response/...-070516-0957-99
Did you really bought it in a store?
2nd: Try uninstaller programs:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/myuninst.html
Use this software instead of the Add/Remove programs in the control panel and tell us if it works

Also,what seems to be the problem when uninstalling the software? any error messages that pops up?

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#4 joyjg

joyjg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:31 AM

I bought the software from finertechnologies which is legit. The first time I ran the uninstall, it said it was complete. Then I tried to load the load command for the software and it ran anyway. Tried the uninstall again and it said the uninstall software was missing. I finally got an answer from the finer tech people who said to delete the executable and the folders and files manually. I've done that and of course cannot load the software at this point but I think it must still be in the registry and running behind the scenes since it didn't seem to really uninstall. It doesn't show up on any of the install/uninstall lists because it runs in some type of hidden mode. I cannot see it even when I run a hijackthis. Not sure how to really clear it out of my system, but at least it is not running at this point and degrading system speed. Thanks for any thoughts on this. Joy

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:42 AM

Hi joyjg,

Just came upon this site and perhaps there is something there that will help.
Spyware DataBase-IamBigBrother Removal Instructions.

If you are going to be editing the registry, its important to back it up first. Have a look thru our tutorial on Demystifying the Windows Registry.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users