Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Connection Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jdr

jdr

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:54 PM

Hi

i have recently added a wireless access point to an existing router, i have set it all up with wpa security etc. i managed to connect my laptop fine using the connection software that came with the card and not windows. when i try to connect either of my flat mates laptops with intergrated wifi they won't connect say its aquieing an ip address and not connection, any ideas

Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:58 PM

Usually this occurs when they enter the wrong WPA key. It will keep trying and trying, then end up with "Limited or no connectivity". What I would do in this situation is do a reset on the Access Point (Holding the button down for 10 sec, unplug, replug from power and after 10 more seconds of holding reset button) reconfigure the Access point through the WEB CONFIGURATION PAGE. To access this page, look at your documentation for the "Default IP Address". This will allow you to configure it better. Enter a new WPA Key, and put it on your roomies laptop. You might also want to see if you can find a FIRMWARE upgrade for your Access Point. That usually helps. Good luck and post your results here.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users