Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista And Certain Websites

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 grrrr8

grrrr8

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:50 PM

I have IE running on Vista Business on a new Dell PC. Have worked through most initial problems except one. Certain websites/pages do not load properly. Important color coding, some search boxes, some entry links, table grids are missing. I have done a repair with the Vista DVD and it did not find any problems. I did a restore and at least one of the other problems was fixed but this one persists.

I have sought assistance and eventually complained to Dell, Microsoft, and the individual websites but as of today lack a solution.

I am relatively certain that the problem lies within Vista as I can view the websites in IE running on XP from home just fine. At work (on Vista/Del) where I really need to access them I cannot. I also loaded a secondary browser (Foxfire) onto the Dell to see if that would fix it. It did not. Same fragmentation.

I can only conclude that the problem is with Vista. Any solutions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 05:07 AM

How are you connecting to the web with this system? (DSL, Cable, Modem, Router, etc) Is this the same connection that you're using to connect with XP? Try this free connectivity test and let us know any issues that it locates: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/using/too...gd/default.mspx

FWIW - the repair of Vista should have fixed any problems with Vista, the second browser should rule out problems with IE. This sounds (to me) like an issue with either your hardware or your physical connection. What are the web address' that you're trying to access?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 grrrr8

grrrr8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:41 PM

I use the same Sprint wireless internet card for both computers...one using IE on Vista and the other using IE on XP.
The computer with Vista has problems with www.audible.com and www.optionetics.com. On optionetics, my biggest problem is after I login into their web-based application. However, even the basic website pages are compromised. Those 2 websites are majorly compromised and are not related.

RE: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/using/too...gd/default.mspx
All tests passed except UPnP. I don't really know what that indicates.

THank you for your help. (I like your quote!)

Edited by grrrr8, 24 June 2007 - 11:34 PM.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:36 AM

UPnP doesn't really matter a whole bunch - my system failed that also and I've got great connectivity. That tool is used to diagnose problems with connectivity - even though you already have to have connectivity to get to it. I don't expect that it'll fix a whole bunch of problems, but it will help out in some cases.

This problem is a bit difficult to diagnose and I don't have any problems with the sites either in XP or Vista, using either IE or Firefox. Have you updated your graphics drivers to the latest, Vista compatible version? (just a guess). Otherwise, could you post a screenshot of one of the webpages - that may give us more of a clue as to the nature of the error.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 grrrr8

grrrr8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:19 PM

No, I haven't loaded new drivers. I only received the PC about 2 wks ago. I will ask Dell tech about that.

I've checked windows update and it says there are no new updates.

Here is audible website screenshot:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfqkw2kh_1dpvh3x

The other website is more difficult to show. But it is missing gridlines, link tabs and important color coded essential to its use.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Edited by grrrr8, 25 June 2007 - 05:27 PM.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:34 PM

The screenshot that you posted looks fine to me - have you tried viewing it from one of the systems that doesn't have the difficulty? This seems, to me, to point to your video sub-system as the culprit.

I'd suggest trying updated video drivers - first remove the current drivers, then download and install the latest video drivers available from the manufacturer of your video chipset (ATI, nVidia, etc). If that doesn't fix it, then I'd suggest trying another video card to rule out the possibility of a hardware problem.

#7 grrrr8

grrrr8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:34 PM

wow, the screenshot I posted is far from what I see on my other computer. In the help section of the website, the search button is completely missing.

I'm going to demand that Dell fix this. This PC is just too new.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users