Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email Issues -- Only With Mchsi

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 javygirl178

javygirl178

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

My friend is having major email issues...the only thing is that she is having them with MCHSI (MediaCom). She sends her email from her workplace to mchsi email addresses and EVERYTHING to EVERY address at that location comes back to her with an error message. She can send email fine to any other ISP customer but it a constant issue with those using MCHSI.

She has also tried sending it from her home email address (Netzero) which is a completely different ISP from work, but it still comes back to her. The weird thing is, I can send email to the exact same email address with no problem. My ISP is Bellsouth.

Is there anythign that we can try that might be blocking her from sending email to just mchsi.com? It is not just pictures she has issue with (meaning file size isnt the issue)...replying, forwarding, text, etc comes back.

Below is the error message she gets every time she tries to send anything. (I have inserted "anonymous" in place of their actual email address for protection).

>> ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
>> <anonymous@mchsi.com>
>> (reason: 550-66.34.152.1 blocked by
>> ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=mso,dc=att,dc=net)
>>
>> ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>> ... while talking to gateway.mchsi.com.:
>>>>> MAIL From:<anonymous@moffettroad.org> SIZE=3882
>> <<< 550-66.34.152.1 blocked by ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=mso,dc=att,dc=net
>> <<< 550 Blocked for abuse. Please contact the administrator of your ISP
>> or
>> sending mailservice.
>> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:01 AM

Her employer may have a filter on that domain. She needs to contact the network administrator at work. If her job prohibits using the company computer for personal business that may not be a good idea though.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:43 AM

It somewhat looks like it may the Media Com (mchsi) server is blocking the email.

You might try contacting them by phone and talking to either your ISP's Tech Support or Media Com's.

Edited by JohnWho, 23 June 2007 - 08:44 AM.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#4 javygirl178

javygirl178
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:49 PM

Thanks guys I will do both and see what the issue is. Since its a problem with both work and netzero, I would tend to think it was mchsi's deal, but then again, I have no problems with using it...but I'm ona different ISP.

Will letyou know what I find out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users