Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Not Booting

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 aaronbagel

aaronbagel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:33 AM

I purchased an HP dv2225 notebook in Feb. '07 and haven't had any problems so far with the Vista OS, and made the recovery discs immediately. Yesterday, I was trying to launch a game I downloaded from Yahoo Games and the screen went black with little white lines on it and there was no way to get out of it (esc, ctrl alt del, etc.) and i let it sit for a little bit to see if it would come out of it on its own, but shut it off when I had to leave for work. When I got back, I turned the power on and all the lights came on like normal and i can open the CD tray, but nothing happened and the usual booting sounds were absent.
I've tried to boot it with the system recovery discs, but nothing happens.

Any thoughts???
Thanks for the help!

**EDIT**
I went ahead and had it sent in to HP since it is still covered by the Mfg. warranty. Thanks to anyone who read and tried to help!

Edited by aaronbagel, 22 June 2007 - 02:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users