Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tgmoose

tgmoose

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:01 AM

Everyt time i shut down I.E.6 I get the following message " iexplore.exe-Application Error" The next line reads "The instruction at 0x6600ac referenced memory at 0x6600acc. The memory could not be read. Click O.K. to terminate program" The Geek Squad thought it was a memory problem but after running a diagnostic said everything was O.K. I have switched memory and still get the same message. No spyware or viruses either. No new installations either. This is driving me nuts any ideas as to what causes this? Thanks, tgmoose

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:20 AM

Hi tgmoose,

Have you installed all the latest Windows updates for Internet Explorer?
Information in This Micro$oft KB Article indicates that the most current security update has resolved this problem. Note the error codes differ.

Worth a try.......
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users