Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multimode 120 Monitor Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HowlinBelle

HowlinBelle

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:52 PM

We are in need of a MultiMode 120 port approximately 2 inches in width, with the teeth measuring 1.5 inches. Picture available if necessary.

We were given monitors, and the port that comes with them is unusual as far as we can tell. As such, we are unable to connect the monitor to the tower we would like to use it with. We are looking for anyone with experience or knowledge to assist us in connecting them--whether we need a special video card or an adapter to connect them.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:38 AM

I have not seen those for awhile. That is a Macintosh monitor, what kind of computer are you hooking it up to?

If I remember correctly, the resolutions and refresh rates supported would not work with a PC, plus the monitor was only grayscale, check this link: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NE..._23/ai_12294864 and this
http://www.digibarn.com/collections/monito...mode/index.html

Oh, and :thumbsup: to bleeping computer

Edited by oldf@rt, 22 June 2007 - 12:40 AM.

The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 HowlinBelle

HowlinBelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:10 PM

The information we have is that it was intended for both Mac as well as the PC, however, we are devastated at the realization that the plug's method of connectivity differs from anything we've ever seen. But we appreciate your reponse on this, and it is entirely possible that we'll have to forego this particular brand of monitors.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:56 PM

I'm sure Oldfart knows more than I, but I found these. Maybe get some info on them
link 1

link2
link3
I've never seen a Mac monitor so I wouldn't know
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:27 PM

The MultiMode 120 only supported macintosh, the monitor is still grayscale, not color. The MultiMode 150 supported both Macintosh and IBM compatibles, but would still be grayscale. Take a closer look a picture # 3 in the first link I gave you. The pinout of the adapter does not match the cable end.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 07:03 AM

I figured as much. Sorry I posted that. Hope I didn't confuse the OP
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 HowlinBelle

HowlinBelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:28 PM

Thanks for the information. We're still processing your ideas, and trying to work with what we have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users