Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cpu Fan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Crimthaan

Crimthaan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:08 PM

I recently purchased and installed a Zalmn 9500 CPU fan and had some questions for anyone out there that may have the same product. Is there any way to turn the speed of the fan faster than the external knob they give you?

And I installed it onto socket 939 AMD duel core. Does anyone have a picture which way the cooler is SUPPOSE to face? My in facing with the fan facing UP and not to the back of the case.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:48 PM

i use a digital doc 5 and that allows me to change the RPMs of the fan...(revolutions per minute or how many times it spins per minute) My fan was only ment to go 3500rpm i had it at 4000, it became loud, and burned out in a week. so dont try that..get a different fan

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:13 AM

The fan should be blowing against the heatsink.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users