Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems Installing From Cd

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 loque

loque

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:58 PM

Hi, I'm getting problems when trying to install games from CDs. I'm getting errors saying that .CAB files either cannot be read, or are "different to the folder registry", and some setup installers are just failing when I try to open them, and this has nothing to do with .Cab files, I don't think. The same games install fine on my other system. I recently bought a new pc with a fresh install of windows, new, motherboard, but the CD drive I am using is the same, and it worked fine before. So I don't know if it's a problem with the drive or with windows.

If it helps, my drive is a LITE-ON COMBO SOHC 5235K. I am using XP professional 5.1 build 2600, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:17 PM

Did you install the drivers for the CD Drive? I don't see that you specifically mention that?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 loque

loque
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:54 PM

Well, while I was away I updated the firmware, and now I'm not getting the instant setup failures but I am still getting the .cab files discrepancies. If I click "ignore", they don't seem to affect the running of the game. So, I've fixed part of the problem, now to sort this cab file thing.

All firmware is up to date, any ideas??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users