Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.graybr.aqm

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 n0h3r0

n0h3r0

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:26 PM

Well, here's the story....

Bitdefender found trojan.graybr.AQm infecting Webroot spysweeper, and can neither delete nor quarentine the little guy. As it stands there are 5 different files ending in various numerals. I can locate the files in the webroot folder but cannot move nor delete them myself either. BitDefender claims this trojan is of minimal risk but i would like to be rid of it.

I understand there is a way to get rid of it in safe mode, and then going back to system restore, but i'm not sure what that will do to my files.

Can someone please explain to me what I need to do to get rid of this and if I need to back up my files before rid this thing from my computer?

How do I know what files will be affected by the restore? How do I know what point in time the restore will take my computer back to?

Any help will be appreciated and thank for you time..... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:01 PM

Have you looked into the quarantined files in the Spysweeper program? If the files in question are there, delete them.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 j0nath4n

j0nath4n

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:13 PM

Try turning off System Restore.That could help.Trojans tend to hide there and then coming up at the next reboot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users