Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Loading Nview.dll

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ziggadie

Ziggadie

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:35 PM

Hey peeps, I got a lil' problem.

Every time I turn on my computer, i get this error:

RUNDLL

Error Loading nview.dll
Could not be found.

I know its something with nvidia, I deleted it in my add/remove programs because... as far as I know, my computer doesnt have ANY nvidia in it. I use ATI Graphics card.

If you have any info, or suggestions, please reply!

If you need any info, just let me know.

Manufacturer: Compaq Presario 061
System Model: DK214A-ABA S4020WM NA210
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2400+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
VGA: RADEON 9600 SERIES AGP 128MB
Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy

Also...Every once in a while, i get a message saying my system has recovered from a serious error. It says its due to a driver problem. I dont know where to start with that one since it gives no info on WHAT driver, etc....unless its this nview thing.

PLEASE HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ziggadie

Ziggadie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:52 PM

Ahahaha i figured it out, turned out there was still a registry value for it. Got rid of the value, now dont get the error.

I also have another question haha...

I went into msconfig and turned off all my non-essential start up programs, but i still see programs starting up that I dont need....they arent on the list in MSCONFIG. Is there another way to stop them from starting?

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:09 PM

Try to disable programs that run at startup, from inside the program itself, using the Options menu.

msconfig should not be used as a startup monitor.
That's not what it was designed for.
msconfig, was designed as a troubleshooting tool.

To control Startup applications, that can't be disabled from the programs Option menu, use a third-party startup monitor.
Two good ones, are mike Lin's Startup Control Panel, and Startup Inspector.

If you use Spybot, it also has a startup manager:
Open Spybot
On the tool bar, at the top left, click Mode.
Select Advanced Mode.
A box will open, asking if you want to go to Advanced Mode, click Yes.
On the left, at the bottom, click the Tools bar.
Select System Startup.

This lists all the programs set to run at startup.
Information on each entry can be obtained by highlighting the entry (single click), then clicking on the set of double arrows on the far right.
If there's no information on the entry, you can check it with the Startup List located on the tab at the top of the forum pages.

Note:
Always research an entry before stopping it. Stopping the wrong entry could cripple a necessary program, causing problems.

Remove the check from anything you want to stop from running at startup.
If you have TeaTimer running, a box will pop up asking if you want to allow this change.
Click Allow change.
Do this for every entry you want to stop running at startup.
When finished, close Spybot.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users