Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello all!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gaylan

Gaylan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 22 January 2005 - 07:20 AM

:thumbsup: As an owner of a board dealing with just about everything from hobbies, to music, to image collecting, to movies, to security issues, this forum, after a brief look around, appears to be what the doctor ordered to answer quite a few of the questions often asked by our members.

I just browsed a bit through the tutorials page before registering and I must say was greating impressed! Now don't get me wrong, I am by no means a technical wizard in any manner shape or form, so from what I have read up to this point, I can see where you will be very valuable source of information!

Our biggest problem to date is handling the day to day attempts by the ever growing list of script kiddies trying to make a name for themselves by installing god knows what on our machines! Having a place to come and ask for advice can only be a plus!

I would also say, I would like nothing better than to be able to contribute to the knowledge base here and figure by just asking a question never asked before may be just that ticket! Unfortunately, computers only come with the very basics of instructions! The heavy duty stuff only comes after damage has already been done! Or! The people writing the "How to's" write as though we should already know what is being discussed!

Just try explaining to a 72 year old mother in law why she has to have all these programs installed on her computer to protect a $1,000 unit! Good enough! So we put these programs on her machine and set them to auto run and update! Now, explain to her, she is NOT to turn off the updaters or disable a scan because it interferes with her "online" solitaire games!

With that said, you know how valuable a place such as this is to have when she has done this and a nasty has gotten in and needs fixing! Anyway, I'll try very hard to not be pain with too many questions! Thank you for even letting me register!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 22 January 2005 - 08:00 AM

Welcome aboard, Gaylan.
We're glad you found us.

If there's any questions, be sure to ask.
We've got a lot of friendly, knowledgeable, people here, just waiting, to help out.

If you have some members with troubles, by all means, point them in this direction.
We're more than happy to help them out, too.

I see you've already browsed the Tutorials. That's a good start. A lot of good information in there.

.... Anyway, I'll try very hard to not be pain with too many questions! ....

Not possible.. That's what we're here for.

Hope you enjoy your stay.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 22 January 2005 - 11:08 AM

Thanks for the compliments. A great many people devote some of their expertise and free time to providing help here at BC. From the tutorials to the forums, BC attempts to inform the average user and then help him get past the problems and use his computer for what he needs. Don't hesitate to post questions, even tough ones or seemingly simple ones!
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users