Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cost

cost

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:42 AM

first of all im sorry for not taking the time to read the forums, my problem is probally already solved bt im in a bit of a rush

im a college student and have recently being doing an awful lot of work on the computer
recently it has slowed down way too much while i have popups every time i go on the internet

i do have programs like mcAfee antispyware
symtac antivirus
windows defender and MAlware wiped
but none of them show up anything

whats really annoying me is a pop up in the corner of my screen
it is a speech bubble coming from the right hand side of the taskbar with a msg saying:
Your computer is infected
Dangerous infection was detected on your pc
The system will now download and install most efficient antimalware program to prevent data loss and your
prviate information theft
Click here to protect your computer from the biggest malware threats

i would like to add that no matter how many time i close this box it reappears inside 5 second and when i click on it nothing happens even though thats what the msg wants me to do

Im a college studenty and i do not have the funds to be investing in more programs. i would like to solve this problem at little or no cost(if thats possible)

I thank you for your help if you can help me and appreciate the great service given on this site

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:36 PM

Hey there, welcome to BleepingComputer.

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.
Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1, and press Enter.
A text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Edited by rookie147, 21 June 2007 - 12:36 PM.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 cost

cost
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:28 PM

i tried that but an error came up before i got to this step(Select option #1 - Search by typing 1)

Process.exe file missing!
Unzip all the archive in a folder

so i went into every file in that folder and extracted all files in them and then repeated the program but the same error came up

#4 Master5270

Master5270

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:47 PM

Malware Wiped is a rogue antispyware program. i suggest you posting a HJT Log. Please read the Preperation Guide Before Posting a HJT Log

Please be patient, it takes 1-5 days to get a response, it takes time for our experts to read all of the HJT logs. If its been 5 days and you still havent had a response, post in this topic NOT HERE!

#5 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:14 PM

The process.exe file should be in the folder with the SmitfraudFix.cmd

When you unzip the folder there should be seven files inside:

Process.exe
Reboot.exe
Restart.exe
SmitfraudFix.cmd
SrchSTS.exe
Swreg.exe
Swsc.exe

If any of these files are missing, delete the .zip file and folder created, then re-download it and run it once more.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 cost

cost
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:18 PM

ya no prob il b patient wenever u gt round to helping me

all them files are here
wen i run the program the screen goes red
and it also says
active x componant cant create object:{ scripting.filesystemobject

and that setpaths.bat is not recgonised as an internal or external command

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:12 PM

Super Antispyware has had success removing Smitfraud infections. If it turns out to be something else it might also help you identify the infection. Bit Defender can help to identify and will remove what it finds.

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users