Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Settings For My Ie 7

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 booker t

booker t

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:07 AM

Hi,I am new to this site and look forward to the well informed members that frequent the forums.

I have a question that I hope that a member can answer.

I had my bro who was here from out of town d/l IE 7 and cleanly do an Uninstall of IE 6.

He left, and my Home Page Google was working fine. Then I shut the notebook off and went back to Reboot. And my Google page would not open, Thus I phoned my high speed provider and we tried a few things and it worked and I then shut down the notebook for the evening.

I got up this morning and the problem reoccurred, not only for Google but other Sites that I was trying to access.
So I did a little snooping into the Windows Firewall, I am not a real novice but definitely not an intermediate.

Anyway I found the settings in the Windows Firewall under Advanced to show the Following:

NO Check-marks by FTP Server, which I then did right away and then went and tried to search Google and it worked!!!!! Plus other sites like BC here so I could get Registered.

What I am asking now is whether the Following Boxes should be Checked off as well as I don't want problems in the future, these are:

1. Secure Web Server HTTPS

2.Web Server ITTTP

And I am not sure of anything else there, but they seemed that possibly they should be checked off in the event that I face another problem.

I would kindly appreciate comments.

Thx.

My bro left me in the lurch here and I didn't like it!!! He had to go off to Africa with his work and thus I was unable to get a hold of him.

I really hope someone can help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users