Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Increase The Amount Of Text In Usb Devices

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JC_*

Guest_JC_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:56 AM

Any one have any idea how to do this?

I wanted to add more text then normal to a device I own, because it doesn't give me enough space for titles.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:18 PM

Not too clear on the question you are asking, what type of USB device is this?
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

#3 Guest_JC_*

Guest_JC_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:31 PM

When you go to "My Computer", and right click on a USB drive, and you go to properties, and there is the title for it, I want the ability to INCREASE the amount of text in the title. Any way to do that?

#4 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:46 PM

That's better :thumbsup:
I assume you want to SEE more.
It has nothing to do with USB. It's a general design flaw.
Whoever designs those tiny windows did it all wrong in most places because they don't allow resizing. About the only way I know how to do it, is to put the cursor on the path and scroll over to the right till I can see what's going on. You can do that on the white area up top as well as on the Location line which is on the grey area.

If you really want to INCREASE the number of letters, and you're really doing it when you click the USB drive, I read it as you want to RENAME the drive to something else and longer. That you can do in the white box on the Properties of the USB drive or any drive for that matter.

Edited by tos226, 21 June 2007 - 10:50 PM.

#5 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:48 PM

So you are actually meaning renaming the device?

There is a limit to it and I don't think there is a workaround. Just curious what for you want the name to be that long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users