Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some Thing Is Wrong In My Computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Manoj-p

Manoj-p

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:00 AM

I am having the following issues and I am not sure what is it.

computer is WIn XP SP2 with all protection softwares like e-scan internet security suite, Spybot, etc.

Recently downloaded Zone Alarm and installed it. The e-scan problems started then. There is a module in e-scan which scans for memory and registry. It stopped working.
I uninstalled zone Alarm and e-scan still is not working.
Also the real time virus scanning is behaving strangly. It shows it is working, but I am sure it is not scanning because earlier in the virus monitor window there was constant movement showing the files being scanned. But now it is just static.

Next I want to down load COMODO fire wall pro. But My IE7 just would not allow me to down load the file. I go up to the web site but as I click on the download link the IE-7 freezes. I got to kill the process. It happend quite a few time yesterday evening.

Normally my CPU usage is 1 - 4% and periodically it goes up and down to 60 -or 70% as the case may be. (I have core 2 duo 6300). Now yesterday I noticed that when I restart the computer the CPU usage is normal. Also as I connect to the internet (DSL) it is also normal. But as soon as the IE7 hangs with the above mentioned problem the CPU usage goes to 50% and stays there even if i disconnect the net. The process which shows 50% usage is the real time virus scanning of e-scan. Normally this process show 0-1 % CPU usage.

I am not sure what is happening. Is is a malware?

I have done online scanning (windows live care) and noticed some malwares which were removed. Even the window defender says every thing is OK.

If any one wants any more information I will gladly give. Please help me to solve the issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ItWouldRuin

ItWouldRuin

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:57 AM

I'm not an expert, so I'm sorry that I cannot help you, it sounds too complicated ...
I'm not sure if malware is the problem ...
I mean, BitDefender, which is - according to me - one of the best AV tools out on the market, didn't detect any malware.

However, it can also be an unknown malware. If it's an unknown malware, then you've got to send an email to Norton or McAfee or other AV companies and explain your problem.

But wait until the pro's answer your question.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

#3 Master5270

Master5270

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:26 PM

ItWouldRuin. I think he said Windows Defender, not BitDefender... And as for your problem i think you should try and post a HJT Log. Please read the Preperation Guide Before Posting a HJT Log

Please be patient, it takes 1-5 days to get a response, it takes time for our experts to read all of the HJT logs. If its been 5 days and you still havent had a response, post in this topic

#4 Manoj-p

Manoj-p
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:29 PM

I think the problem is solved.

I updated the antivirus software e-scan. It works OK now.

As for the rest of the issues they are all gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users