Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java Ides For Vista

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:25 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm finally getting a new computer with Vista Home Premium! :thumbsup:
The problem is I am currently running a Windows XP Pro and can't seem to find any good, free Java IDEs for Vista. I need an solid, strong IDE for my AP Comp Sci. course, so any recommendations are welcome!
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:48 AM

Netbeans, Eclipse, BlueJ.. that's all I can think of right off the top of my head.

#3 jpshortstuff

jpshortstuff

WhatTheTech Teacher

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:03 PM

I'd go with Eclipse, it has everything you might need for developing programs and such.

BlueJ is great for its simplicity, and because it shows relationships between classes/interfaces in a graphical way.

I started off on BlueJ when i was learning Java, and i think that was good for whilst learning the basics, but now Eclipse is much more suited and useful, packed with great features.
Trained at the What The Tech Classroom where you too could learn to help others.

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show appreciation and to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Elendil

Elendil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:54 PM

Thanks for program names, I'll check them out shortly (BlueJ is required for the course right now, but I'll want to switch later)! :thumbsup:
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users