Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick Hello

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Flashfire

Flashfire

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:41 PM

Hi,

Well I am glad to have found this place as its already helped me solve a couple of problems, just by reading other people's posts. SO thankyou for that, still has not helped me fix the big one yet. But we will get there.

I am not your usual computer geek, I am 50 years old, female, live in Australia. What I know about computers I have taught myself over the past ten years of owning one. I have learned all sorts of things, but get lost on the tech speak. I guess that's what happens when you dont have formal education on the subject.

I originally bought a computer in 1997 very reluctantly I might add, because what I really wanted was an electric typewriter. A friend convinced me this "new fangled" technology was going to take off like a rocket in flight. So I forked out $3,000 for my very first Pentium 200. Wow those were the days. I didnt even know how to switch the thing on and pestered my more knowledgeable friend continuously, how do I do this? How do I do that? Poor man. Anyway, from there I just learned, not only how to switch it on but lots of other stuff as well. With an enormous amount of T&E. I quickly got very good at format C: it was my best defence against I don't know what I am doing and I don't want to call a technician (that was after a few fixits that I paid good money for, were not fixed) Now I am the one people call asking how do I fix this, how do I do that? I still have tons to learn. I am always amazed not so much by what I have learned but by what I still do not know. Hopefully there will be helpers here who can point me in the right direction. And I hope that maybe I can return the favor from time to time.

So thanks for the forum....

On the the right category for my first, please help post.

CYA.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:56 AM

:flowers: to B.C.! :thumbsup:

Demon Cleaner

#3 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:46 AM

Hi Flashfire

A very warm :flowers: to BleepingComputer, simply the best and friendliest help site around.

If you have a check through the 3 links directly above your first post, you will soon find your way around.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:50 AM

Trial and error, and experience with Windows and its many problems, is often the best way to learn; but since computers and software are growing in complexity as we ask them to do more and varied tasks, it is impossible to be an "expert" in every area. Our Members pool their areas of expertise in an effort to help one another.
Welcome to this friendly user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users