Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File Recovery On A Cd-rw?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BuenoCabra

BuenoCabra

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:49 PM

There are a few threads about file recovery here, but my question's a little different, so I decided to make a new topic.

I had some picture files (mostly JPGs) on a CD-RW for a slideshow. After I was done with them, I got rid of everything on the disc and put some MP3s on it later. I didn't save all the pics to my hard drive, only the ones I needed. Now I'm wanting to look at some of the ones that were on the disc that I didn't copy to my computer.

Is there any way to recover files on a CD-RW that have been deleted (or overwritten)? I don't have a clue the exact steps I took for getting rid of the files, as it was a while back.

I've tried CD Data Rescue 2.5, inDisc Recovery 3, and Power CD DVD Recovery 2, but they only find the MP3s... which... really aren't... hard to find. I also tried several other data recovery programs, but they're only for HDDs and Floppy discs. Very cool, but no help at the moment.

If there's something about the way CD-RWs work that make it impossible, that's fine, no big deal. If I can get them, that'd be nice, but nobody's going to get killed over it or anything.

Well, they could. I can't think of a plausible circumstance in which that would happen, but I can't very well guarantee it won't. What do you think I am, psychic? Sheesh.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:58 PM

Once a file, whether it be on your hard drive or on a CD is actually overwritten, it would be very difficult and next to impossible to retrieve it without very special and expensive help.
Sorry,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users