Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will It Work?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Turi

Turi

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:46 PM

Will AoE III work on my laptop? (specs on profile hehe I'm too lazy)

Or would it be a better idea to get it on PS2? To save my laptop? Or are there any games which'll be better on my lappy which are similar? :thumbsup:

I have the whole summer ahead of me and need something to do
Crazyness comes to those who wait

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Turi

Turi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:49 PM

Oops, I realise my specs are compatable, I mean to ask if it will kill the lappy afer some time?

I also figure there is no AoE III on PS2, hence my asking if I should get something else :thumbsup:

#3 Turi

Turi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:53 PM

Ohh sorry hehe what about B&W II too? Cheers!

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:02 PM

If your computer, whether a laptop or not, meets or preferably exceeds the minimum specifications of the game, then it will play. There are all sorts of games more or less like AoE---Empire Earth I & II, for example.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:04 PM

Will AoE III work on my laptop? (specs on profile hehe I'm too lazy)

I don't know if it work on your laptop. (he he I'm too lazy to click on your profile) :thumbsup:

Just as an advisory, if you want assistance when asking questions, people are more willing to help those who want to help themselves. When you are not even willing to take the time to give information, why should anyone else do it for you. I also make this comment so that you aren't disappointed if no one takes you seriously in the future, when you ask questions.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 Turi

Turi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:08 AM

:/ O..k..when I have more time I'll post em...

#7 Turi

Turi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:18 PM

Oh and thanks John :thumbsup:

I got B&W 2 and AoE III, yay

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:27 PM

Great!
Be sure to check the companies' sites for any updates/patches to the games.
Cheers,
John

#9 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:05 AM

Oh to just imagine summer vacation stretching ahead and nothing to do but sit on my fanny and play games. Wouldn't that be something? But Nooo I have to go to work and be a grown up. *Oh Sigh*

Geez Turi, try to get outside once in a while.

*Pandy needs a vacation outside somewhere in the sun

Edited by Pandy, 23 June 2007 - 10:13 AM.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#10 Turi

Turi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:39 PM

:/ ok...I do, I go walking in the forests and lakes every day with my dog. I'm just not allowed too far from home cus my dad has cancer and my mother needs my help, so when I'm not walking/helping her/working in the restraunt I'll be chatting to my mates on Messenger cus the closest one lives about 6 miles away on country roads, and I can't drive yet.

So uhm yea of an evening I will be playing B&W and AoE cus..I just choose to. It's my lifestyle... not my fault you have to work is it? Don't get tetchy with me...

:thumbsup: All I asked was if the games would work so I could play em in my spare time this summer and I get my head bitten off :|

Oh but thanks John, you're by far the friendliest person on this topic. I was with my mate when I got it, and we were in a hurry to get home (my reason above^) and I ended up getting the expansion pack. Plus I need a mouse cus B&W doesn't recognise the scroll on my touch pad haha So looks like I won't be playing it any time soon cus the shops are so far away....ooopsie

Edited by Turi, 23 June 2007 - 02:42 PM.

#11 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:20 PM

No Turi, it is not your fault I have to work. Sorry to sound tetchy. Must be I am tetchy. Erm.. I think I know what that means.

Hmm you work in a restaraunt.. Do you like the work? I work in a deli. It's ok most of the time. Except for tetchy customers eh? I hope your father will get well. It's good of you to help your mother.

I know this summer I want to try to get outside more. Last summer I never took the time. I need to practice what I preach and make sure to at least get to the beach a couple times.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

~ Benjamin Franklin

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#12 Turi

Turi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:15 AM

Ok, forgive and forget the tetchyness?

Where I come from it means to be cranky and irritable.

I just got back from the restraunt, always busy on a Sunday. But get plenty of tips (sometimes) It's not too big, holds around 60-70 people. But hard work cus you gotta be so polite and pleasant, not my strong point :thumbsup:

But yea, I want to travel so badly, but I gotta stay where I am for the time being =[ Hopefully I'm going to a concert of the Killers and Kasabian and some others....hooopefully...

(this conversation's going off topic now haha)

#13 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:08 PM

Turi, Im sorry to have contributed to your topic going off topic, I don't game so I can't help you.

~ Benjamin Franklin

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#14 Turi

Turi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:56 AM

haha no problem, I always seem to go off topic. The games work now, apart from the expansion pack and the fact I need a mouse :thumbsup:

#15 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:43 AM

It's always a good idea to have a mouse handy (except those that creep into the house during the cold seasons) just in case something happens to the pad.

The ticks here are so bad this year that my dog and I don't dare go further than the yard.

And keep your eye open for Empire Earth! It's an older game, but as much fun as AoE; and you can usually find it (and the expansion pack boxed together) for under 15 dollars. I play it on-line with a friend of mine about once a week....
Cheers,
John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users