Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can A Graphics Card That Supports Ati Radeon7000, Support Ati Radeon9250? (since Both Are From The 6.11 Version?)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sera_lene

sera_lene

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:05 PM

I'm not very good with computers, so if it's a stupid question please forgive me!
Anyway, my windows XP laptop's graphic card is ati-radeon7000, and I was wondering if it can be updated (without having to buy a new graphics card, because I'm broke). So I downloaded the ati radeon9250, and both 7000 and 9250 are from the version 6.11. So can it be done?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gnomad

Gnomad

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:09 PM

What you are downloading and installing is the drivers for ATI video cards. A driver is basically software that tells a piece of hardware how to work. It has basic and advanced instructions telling it how to perform certain functions. ATI video cards all use the same driver, so really what you are doing is just updating the software that tells your video card how to work.

#3 sera_lene

sera_lene
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:17 PM

I see... I'm ignorant when it comes to computers, so thank you very much for clarifying this issue for me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users