Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help I Think Someone Hacked My Computer

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ForumsFTW

ForumsFTW

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:18 PM

Hello, everyone im here to say that I think 2 people have hacked my computer and I cant use my computer now cause it shuts off is that possible?, because when I went into my wow main folder it had folders like WTF.Config, etc and I know I didnt name my folders like that cause I never would, and on this game called subspace I play, Someone hacked my name and im pist....

Is it possible that my computer is running bad cause it was hacked by 2 people??? Cause if thats the case, then those 2 hackers have started a huge battle cause they are GOING DOWN, WAAAY DOWN!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:21 PM

What are you going to do to them? How are you going to trace it?

Lemme know how it turns out. :thumbsup:

#3 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:27 PM

Chances are that you've been infected by malware or something similar. If you play World of Warcraft, then that's where the WTF/config file comes from. A firewall will help to keep hackers and unwanted malware programs off your computer. HERE is a list of free firewall programs, along with other free programs such as anti virus and malware removal programs. Please, feel free to read THIS post to help to speed up your computer. You can also follow these instructions HERE in the HJT (HiJack This) area. A member of the HJT team will help you out as time allows (first come/first served basis).

Hope this helps to speed up your computer. :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:29 PM

I trust you NEVER give out your password and your account IDs. What precisely makes you think some has hacked into your computer outside of the questionable folders?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:13 PM

Granted we don't know the full story of what happened, did you happen to download and run any programs for World of Warcraft that turned out to be fake? I ask this because in a similar kind of game like Diablo 2 for example, there are tons of fake programs that offer something but in reality open up your computer to intrusion. *edit* Not to mention in-game scams to try and wiggle sensitive account information out of you as well.

Edited by Wizdabest, 20 June 2007 - 08:14 PM.

#6 ForumsFTW

ForumsFTW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:59 PM

Well, I dont know cause whenever I try to play world of warcraft my computer just shuts off completely without a warning or anything and no errors ever pop up, I dont know wuts wrong I scanned with antivirus and their was nothing there.... Help :thumbsup:

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:18 PM

How far do you get in the process of logging into WoW before you computer shuts down? Have you run checkdisk and then defragged recently?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#8 ForumsFTW

ForumsFTW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:46 PM

I can log into the world, but then 5minutes later it shuts off completely

#9 ForumsFTW

ForumsFTW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:01 PM

Also, all my drivers are up to date, and no virus's were detected with the scan, and I can enter the world for 2 minutes but then my whole computer shuts off without warning

#10 Preying to the Comp Gods

Preying to the Comp Gods

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:45 PM

I'm gonna cry.... :thumbsup:
I had the same issue......
just install it and it should work again, it did for me.
Kick the computer

it's fun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users