Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question About Windows Update Kb927891

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bloomcounty

bloomcounty

• Members
  • 672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:09 PM

I'm doing my Windows Updates for the month, and the only one I didn't update yet is:

Update for Windows XP (KB927891)
Download size: 1.2 MB , 3 minutes
This is a reliability update. This update resolves an issue in the Windows Installer (MSI) that can affect performance during software updates. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

In the past, I've seen it recommended here that it's not the best idea to install reliability updates unless you're actually having the issue described.

As far as I know, I'm not having that issue.

So should I just hide this?

Last time I hid this one:

Update for Windows XP (KB930916)
Typical download size: 307 KB , 2 minutes
This is a reliability update. Install this update to resolve an issue where a third-party driver installed on a computer that is running Windows XP may prevent you from opening files successfully on a NTFS file system volume. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

...since I wasn't having that issue either.

Any thoughts? Thanks! :thumbsup:
My stats: Windows XP Home SP2; Firefox 3.0.14 w/ Ad-Block Plus; IE 6.0 (used only for monthly Windows Critical Updates); ZoneAlarm 6.1.744.001 Free; AVG 8.5 A/V Free; SuperAntispyware Free 4.28.1010

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:27 PM

If you'r enot having the described issue then I would think you can safely hide the update. That being said, I would make a note of the name of the update so that you can easily search it out on the Windows update site should you experience problems later on.
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

#3 bloomcounty

bloomcounty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:31 PM

If you'r enot having the described issue then I would think you can safely hide the update. That being said, I would make a note of the name of the update so that you can easily search it out on the Windows update site should you experience problems later on.

Will do! Thanks! :thumbsup:
My stats: Windows XP Home SP2; Firefox 3.0.14 w/ Ad-Block Plus; IE 6.0 (used only for monthly Windows Critical Updates); ZoneAlarm 6.1.744.001 Free; AVG 8.5 A/V Free; SuperAntispyware Free 4.28.1010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users