Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie 7 Issues...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ba-doyn

ba-doyn

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:56 PM

Wondering if anyone can help. I'm working on a simple web page for a friend. I'm doing it in Dreamweaver. Looks great on all other browsers EXCEPT IE 7. I understand there are some bugs with IE 7 and need a fix.

You can view it here: http://www.ba-doyn.com/tvf/

If you view in Firefox, Safari, etc. it looks fine. If you view in IE 7 the left column is all messed up.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Michael

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum and added a topic descriptor. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 20 June 2007 - 05:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:43 AM

It is not that IE7 has bugs; it is just that all browsers have their own interpretations of web standards and how to implement them. It is common for web pages to render differently in different browsers. Without seeing your code, it is impossible to tell you what you can do to fix it.

#3 ba-doyn

ba-doyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:14 PM

I added the link to the page. Can you view the code from there?

Thanks again,
Michael

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:05 PM

And since IE doesn't run on Linux, I still have no idea what you mean by "the left column is all messed up". Your code doesn't validate properly though, so you may want to start looking there. I'm not sure of the purpose of having multiple <tr></tr> either. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users