Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Chat With Security Mvps

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:59 AM

For those interested there is a webchat tomorrow where you can ask questions to some Microsoft Security MVPs tomorrow.

Note: you will need a Windows Live ID to attend.

More info here:

Q&A with the Security MVP Experts

We invite you to attend an Q&A with the Microsoft Security MVPs. In this chat the MVP experts will answer your questions regarding online safety issues such as phishing, spyware, rootkits as well as server related topics. If you have questions on how to protect your PC, please bring them to this informative chat

When: Thursday June 21st

Time: 4pm PST and 7pm EST

Where: TechNet Chat Room www.microsoft.com/technet/community/chats/chatroom.aspx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Members
  • 2,090 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:01 PM

Sounds interesting, Ill be there. How about you Grinler?
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:18 PM

I am going to try and stop by. I was going to be one of the MVPs on the chat, but I have a prior engagement. If I can squeeze some time in I will be there.

#4 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Members
  • 2,090 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:00 PM

It was very interesting, some good points and topics were brought up.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2007 - 12:07 PM

I tried to make it but was unable to. Do you remember what MVPs were hosting?

#6 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Members
  • 2,090 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:46 PM

Yes, I actually copied the whole chat. If you want I can give you the chat log. Below are the MVP's that were present:

1) Alun Jones MVP (Expert): Hi, I'm Alun Jones, three-time Windows-Security MVP. I've been involved in security from a Developer and IT Pro perspective for the last several years, and I write the Tales from The Crypto blog at http://msmvps.com/blogs/alunj/

2) Gary Warner MVP (Expert): I’m Gary Warner . . . a security volunteer in Birmingham, Alabama. I’ve been doing malware and network security for about 19 years, and very active with the FBI InfraGard program for the past six year. I currently serve as President of the Birmingham InfraGard chapter, (www.birmingham-infragard.org <http://www.birmingham-infragard.org> and a member of the Birmingham FBI’s CyberCrime Task Force. With regards to phishing, I’m a member of the FBI’s (& Microsoft) Digital Phish Net, a co-chair of the Anti-Phishing Working Group’s “Working With Law Enforcement” Committee, but mostly working with the CastleCops PIRT Squad (Phishing Incident Reporting & Termination) (www.castlecops.com/pirt <http://www.castlecops.com/pirt>; ), where we not only “report” phishing, but work on contacting all the right folks to shut the site down and report any details to law enforcement.

3) Roger Abell (Expert): Hi. I am Roger Abell. I have a real life, working with Windows production systems in a large US university, which might clue you that I get to see some of pretty much everything, including some of the worst exposures to threats.

4) Kat Armstrong MVP (Expert): Hello. My name is Kathie (Kat) Armstrong, and I am a second year MVP in the area of General Windows Security. I am an Administrator for GeeksToGo.com, and welcome some of my malware removal trainees tonight.

5) Jane Edwards [MVP] (Expert): I'm Jane Edwards, a Microsoft MVP in Windows Security, specializing in removing malware.

6) Dana Epp MVP (Expert): Hi I'm Dana Epp (http://silverstr.ufies.org/blog) and my expertise is in the convergence of information security principles and practices with software engineering. My latest work has been on strong authentication and identity management, and I spent a lot of my community time having fun integrating Srv08 technology like Cardspace, Rights Management Server and NAP with small business solutions.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Kyle

Kyle

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:58 PM

Wow, I can't believe that I have missed this! I wish I had seen this earlier, would've been interesting.
Regards,
Kyle

#8 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:44 PM

I wish I would have seen it earlier too. Throw a smiley or something at us next time Grinler! :thumbsup:

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users