Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup Entries Keep Turning Back Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sten_amund

sten_amund

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:57 AM

Hi, there!

I'm new to this forum (as of today), and I have studied quite a few of the topics to try finding a solution. No luck so far.

Here's the case (problem):
I have been using a D-Link DWL-G122 wireless USB adapter on my computer, and I recently replaced this with a different brand, that is supposed to work better. The D-Link software utility package and driver have been correctly uninstalled. So far, so good.
When studying the startup entries, however, I see that the following services connected with the D-Link adapter are still present:

AirGcfg.exe (utlilty)
WZCSLDR2.exe (ANI service)

For information - I do not have a D-Link router.

Now, I have checked and double checked that the software is completely removed and I have tried to remove the startup entries in several ways:

- CCleaner
- Registry Mechanics
- XP Repair Pro
- removed entries from the \...\CurrentVersion\Run-folder (both in normal mode and safe mode)
- searched the registry and removed associated D-Link entries
- un-checked entries in MSConfig
- Autoruns v8.6
- Startup Control Panel v 2.8

No succsess - those entries keep re-appearing. This triggers my curiosity, and is just a tad irritating...

First of all - anyone else experiencing the same? Is there any better software (free) that may solve this? If not, is there a way to permanently solve this? Thoughts?

My computer runs OK, though, and it is not an extremely urgent matter, but it is still very annoying. Hence, this post.

Thank you in advance, and excuse me if this specific topic has been discussed, or even solved, before (I haven't found it).

Rgds,
Sten Amund

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:23 AM

Try using AutoRuns to delete the startup entries (it's a free Microsoft utility).
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users