Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd Rom Drive Not Recognizing Blank Disc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TubaTech

TubaTech

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:18 AM

I am new to the forums on this web site, and hopefully someone can help me. I am very literate with computer lingo, but I am but in high school so dont take offense to some of my questiosn. I am running a HP computer ( I know minimal about it, it was passed down to me and rebuilt, it used to be a small server for my fathers buisness and our home network.) The only think I can think of that has been done to it is new RAM and Hard drives like no other. But I run Itunes, Songbird, WMP, and Quicktime for my media usage. My disc drive (not sure what it is, but can find out if it is a needed piece of information) will play anything (sometimes has a hard time with it.) But for the most part it will not burn CD's , and a fan of music myself (being a musician and a fond listener to everything) love to mix and burn my own music. Should I go ahead and buy an external disc drive that will play and burn. Or should I just try and fix it with a new driver, or get a new internal drive. I can install all of this myself, but am clueless as to what to get. Any response would be greatly appreciated speaking I have not a clue. Thank You

Tuba Travis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:44 AM

There are two things I would try:

1. Get one of those CD drive cleaning kits and use it.

2. Try another brand of blank CD. Some CD drives are fussy about the type of CD you use.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:42 AM

Just starting with something simple, but have you checked to make sure the recording is enabled for the drive, under properties? :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users