Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Internet Connectivity

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Siryu

Siryu

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:53 PM

I have a DSL modem that does have good connectivity. The problem, though, is that it is not receiving an internet signal. It has a light for DSL connectivity and a light for Internet connectivity; apparently, even though the DSL connectivity is working, it does not receive Internet connectivity and I cannot access the Internet. Its brand new and has this problem. There are times when the internet connectivity works, but most of the time it does not work properly and its pissing me off. It also just shuts down randomly while I'm using explorer. Funny thing is is that it automatically works when theres an automatic update that needs internet access or when opening an application like Bitlord, which needs to connect, but then it disappears in almost an instant. I checked my firewall and there doesn't seem to be any problem, but I might not have checked thoroughly (dont know what thorough is). Do I need a new telephone jack, wire, ethernet cable, ethernet port, or something else? I dont know much about this stuff, so can anyone help?

Edited by Siryu, 19 June 2007 - 09:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users