Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Accessing E-mail

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 paul t

paul t

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:33 AM

I use yahoo as my e-mail provider but have recently encountered the following problem. I am able to open my inbox, but when i open one message i am unable to go to the other messages and open them. Also if i want to delete any messages or order anuthing online the computer freezes and i am unable to complete the transactions. I have no problem navigating the web apart from my daughter who has a problem opening myspace. Any suggestions would be a[ppreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 13,006 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:22 AM

Could be Java. Could be you are using a beta version of Yahoo. Could be malware.
Go to start/control panel and click on the "coffee cup" and click on update tab. Install latest update. Then go to Add/Remove program and uninstall ALL old versions of Java.
If that doesn't fix it, and you are using a beta version of Yahoo, roll back to the old version of Yahoo email.
Not being able to go to Myspace isn't such a bad thing as it is loaded with malware.
If you have security programs on your computer and you have not run any scans, suggest you do that.
Below are two of the best programs to scan with for malware.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

How To start Windows in Safe Mode
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users