Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Pc Is Failing Me !

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 phad

phad

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:21 AM

Hi all,
I am just wondering on how i can stop my computer from acting weird. Lately it has slowed down and takes time to load and manage. I have done the disk clean up disk defrag and what not, spybot, virusscan and all are fully updated.
I need help but i have noticed I need a HiJack ting ?
can i have some help and what do i need to do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:27 AM

Hi there, and welcome to BleepingComputer.
This problem is not necessarily being caused by malware, there are a whole host of other reasons why your computer may be running slowly. Please visit the following link and run all of the detailed steps:
Slow Computer/Browser?
See if this helps the situation at all.

Edited by rookie147, 19 June 2007 - 04:27 AM.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 phad

phad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:35 AM

well i have tried most of it out but i have recently obtained this ultimate fixer virus or what not and with me trying to sort it out before my lil cousins could mess it up was a stupid plan as they came earlier than expected and set my PC haywire with programs creeping around galore
Is there any way to remove it ?

#4 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:15 AM

Judging by the current state of your computer, and with the inclusion of malware, I feel that the best course of action would be to post a HijackThis log in our HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.

Please download HijackThis from the following link:
HijackThis Download Site
Once it is downloaded, extract the zip file to C:\HJT and navigate to the C:\HJT folder.
Now double-click on HijackThis.exe.
Put a checkmark in the box at the bottom that states Don't show this frame again when I start HijackThis.
Then click on the button labeled None of the above, just start the program.
You will now be presented with the main HijackThis screen.
Press the Scan button and then when it is done, the Save Log button.
Save this log in C:\HJT, and then copy and paste the contents of the notepad file it opens into a new topic for analysis from an expert.

Edited by rookie147, 19 June 2007 - 11:15 AM.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:00 PM

Hi phad,

I moved your HJT log to the HJT forum. Here is a link to your log. My PC is Failing Me

You are in good hands. As you now have an open HJT log, Please follow only the advice given by them team member helping you there. This topic is now closed

rigel

PS - Thanks for all you do here rookie147! :thumbsup:

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users